Friday, November 16, 2012

Texas Roadhouse- Yummmmmm!

It was my mom's birthday so we decided to go to the Avenues and eat at Texas Roadhouse. We thought that if we left early we would beat the traffic. Our journey started at 1:30 pm. The chaos started at the junction on 5th ring and it took us 2 hours to get from Fintas to the restaurant. The wait was 65 minutes and we were given a plastic thingy that lights up when our table is ready. I wonder how many of them will disappear.

Finally it was our turn and we got booth seating in a corner which was great. There are Americans working there supervising the expat staff which means the food and service is good at this time but they are supposed to leave by December. We could not decide what we wanted, it must have taken us 20 minutes to decide. Since it's a steakhouse we ordered steak. They bring you hot rolls with cinnamon butter and peanuts to snack on while you wait.

We decided to try the fried pickles, I'm still not sure if I liked them or not. They were really really salty and then sour. The waiter was good considering the chaos around him. Our drinks were refilled and when we needed something he was there to get it for us. Our order came and wow what a beautiful looking steak! It has been a long time since I had a great steak. I also wanted the fried fish, country fried steak and ribs. They ran out of ribs, that sucked.

 Peanuts while you wait in line...
 Fresh rolls with cinnamon butter....

 Peanuts at your table......
 Fried pickles............
 Ribeye steak and shrimp combo....

We were so stuffed we couldn't even look at dessert. I really like the place but it will have to be a monthly trip as I can't deal with the traffic and chaos of the mall unless I go during the week at 12 pm, that's about the only time you can enjoy it. For those who are used to throwing peanut shells on the floor like they do in the states, don't do it here, they give you an empty bucket for the shells. Not as fun as throwing them on the floor. Can you imagine the faces people would make if they saw peanut shells on the floor? The fufu chicks might skid on them with their 6-inch stilletos.

We finally made it back home around 8 pm. We did no shopping or looking and the experience took us 7 hours. I will never understand how they could open up the new shops without adding parking spaces. I would think parking should be done first and then open up the shops. On a side note there will be booming business for glass shops considering all of the idiots who illegally parked their cars and got a lovely "No Parking" sticker put on their windows. When will they learn?

FYI: Olive Garden is also open and it was a 65 minute wait as well. My next place to visit!


  1. Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed (most of) the restaurant. My husband is a manager at Texas Roadhouse and he's been working his butt off! We've been so proud of him and the restaurant.
    I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for all the info. :)

  2. It was worth the wait. My mom had a bad time at Red Lobster considering the staff are all Egyptian and don't speak English that good. I miss American staff but the Filipinos are the next best. I met one manager with a bald head but I forgot his name. He and the Arab manager were very nice and understanding. It will all die down at some point like every new attraction does in Kuwait and there won't be such a long wait. But again I loved it!!! I think your hubby's hard work has definitely paid off. Tell him thanks!!

  3. Allyson, now that I've checked out your blog I saw your hubby and that was the nice guy who helped us out. Just ask him about the Americans who were trying to find out how long our wait would be, he may remember us. Nice blog.

  4. Great! I'll pass on the message to him. Thanks so much!


Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!